Quality of Place: Art exhibitions and professional practices in Visual Art
Survey Design: HandUp OC has piloted a number of programs to build community and to foster development of the Orange County region. However, they do not have a lot of insight into the interest in these programs, their effect, or the community priorities for local development. A survey design project would
- Create a scientific survey which would inform the organizations strategic programs. In particular, questions would address
- Community needs
- Evaluation of past projects
- Identify community resources for future initiatives.
- Pilot test the survey and refine the questions to meet community need.
- Develop a strategy and platform for administering the survey and analyzing subsequent data.
- Identify goals for future project assessment.
Stakeholder Analysis and Advocacy Plan: This project will see to identify stakeholders who are interested in HandUp OC’s mission with a focus on generating support for large scale change. In particular, the project seeks to identify stakeholders towards a goal of policy advocacy for the region. The project will include:
- Identify stakeholders who are or could be partners in the achievement of HandUp OC’s mission.
- The development of plan by which to mobilize interest and advocacy toward organizational goals.
- The creation and identification of resources to aid HandUp OC in its advocacy goals.
Building Plan: HandUp OC has been offered a church building to be used for community improvement. This project will examine the feasibility of acquiring and using the church for community improvement. The project will include:
- Identify potential uses of the building and partners in renovation and usage.
- Development of a plan to bring the building into usable order
- Creation of a business plan to ensure ongoing viability of the space including anticipated costs and revenue streams.
4th Project Based on Enrollment
Internal Capacity Building: As a comparatively young organization, HandUp OC has no paid staff and few internal processes to guide practice. This project will explore best practices of nonprofit management. To achieve this end, the project will:
- Examine the current nonprofit management practices of HandUp OC through interviews with staff and board members, analysis of policies and examination of other artifacts.
- Make recommendations based on best practices for improving organizational performance and operation processes.
- Identify next steps for the organization including technological, infrastructure/physical space and human resource needs.
- Identify training and other resources to build capacity for the organization.
- Develop organizational policies to institutionalize recommendations.