- (740) 249-7599
- IU Bloomington
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT), a combined use of approved medications, counseling, and behavioral therapies, is the recommended evidence-based approach for treating opioid use disorders. MAT is quickly being adopted by states with high rates of opioid use in rural communities. Unfortunately, the availability of MAT in Southern rural Indiana communities is practically non-existent. Guided by the input from community key informants, semi-structured interviews will be conducted with 70 medical, public health, social service, and mental health care providers practicing in Orange, Lawrence, Washington, Jennings, Scott, Harrison, and Gibson counties. Findings will be presented to System of Care coalitions, thus leading to the development of county specific policies, system change, and environmental strategies of medication-Assisted treatment to mitigate opioid addiction.
• Rossina Sandoval, System of Care Coordinator for Orange County
• Sara Kleber-Lowery, System of Care Coordinator for Lawrence County
• Vanessa Phillip, Community Resource Specialist, Recovery Oriented System of CareI
• Katarina Koch, President, Orange County Health Coalition
• Kelsey Lepore, Coordinator, Live Well Partnership